Cardiovascular Biomaterials SIG 2
Timeslot: Thursday, April 22, 2021 - 1:45pm to 3:15pm
Track: Cardiovascular Biomaterials
The Cardiovascular Special Interest Group has the mission to foster the professional interaction and address the common concerns of academic and industrial scientists and engineers, clinicians, and regulatory professionals concerned with the discovery, research, development, and use of biomaterials for cardiovascular devices and implants.
Yi Hong, PhD
C. LaShan Simpson, PhD
Abstracts will be available for download on April 20, 2021.
175. Heparin Coating Improves Thromboresistance In Glutaraldehyde Processed Bovine Pericardium: A Possible Application For Bioprosthetic Heart Valve, Devika S L, M.Sc, Maneesha Gurudas, M.Sc, Jesna P.V, M.Sc, M.Phil, Anugya Bhatt, Ph.D, Umashankar P.R, PhDSree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram, India
168. Mechanical Performance of a Hydrogel-Fiber Mesh Composite as a Synthetic Heart Valve Material, Shruti Motiwale1,2, Madeleine Russell3, Megan Wancura3, Andrew Robinson3, Elizabeth Cosgriff-Hernandez3, Michael Sacks1,31James T. Willerson Center for Cardiovascular Modeling and Simulation, Oden Institute, Austin, TX, USA, 2Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA, 3Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA
177. New Fluorinated Alkoxyphosphazene Biomaterials with Improved Biocompatibility, Lichong Xu Xu, PhD1, Chen Chen, PhD2, Harry Allcock, PhD2, Christopher Siedlecki, PhD11Penn State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA, USA, 2The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA, USA
178. Injectable hydrogel electrodes for treatment of ventricular arrhythmias, Gabriel Rodriguez-Rivera1, Malgorzata Chwatko, PhD2, Allison Post, PhD3, Mathews John3, Skylar Buchan3, Christina Waldron2, Mehdi Razavi, PhD3, Elizabeth Cosgriff-Hernandez21The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA, 2The University of Texas at Austin', Austin, TX, USA, 3Texas Heart Institute, Houston, TX, USA
179. Biovesicle delivery of connexin 43 improves synchronous beating of hiPSC derived Cardiomyocytes, Nima Momtahan, PhD, Cody Crosby, PhDUniversity of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, USA
180. Peritoneal Pre-conditioning Impacts Vascular Graft Long-term Patency and Remodeling, Mahyar Sameti, PhD, Mozhgan Shojaee, PhD, Bayan Saleh, Chris Bashur, PhDFlorida Institute of Technology, Melbourne, FL, USA